Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Casi Todo (Day 23)

So i've neglected the blog. I'm sorry; I feel it too.

My birthday was excellent. Maybe in the next day or two I can document the extravagant weekend that surrounded my 22nd. Now, however, I'm just checking in with you before I dig into the presentation I'm making for class tomorrow. If you know what the Dirty War is, I'm talking about that; more specifically the two faces of Argentina during the World Cup it hosted and won in 1978. I wish I had a month to do this project. It's fascinating, really. But the reality is that I have a day. Read up on it if you like. Plugging Wikipedia.

A good side-effect of this trip is that I haven't touched a musical instrument for almost a month. Nor have I been able to sing aloud, for that matter. What I'm saying is, as soon as I return, Swing States is going to get the biggest push I've ever given it. It's like putting your thumb completely over the mouth of a running hose and then promptly pulling it away. Good image? Great. There's another blog for that stuff anyway.

In other quick news, the food here continues to be excellent. The nightlife is so outrageous you wouldn't believe me if I told you about it. One day I'll put on the tourism suit and take pictures of my way to school so you can get a feel for what I see everyday on the streets.

This weekend is Iguazu, a waterfall that sits between Argentina and Brazil. We'll see it from both sides. Do yourself a favor and Wikipedia that as well. I think I'm in for quite a treat, and you probably are as well by association with my blog (and Daniel's camera).

And now that I've wasted 15 minutes blogging, it's time to buckle down. From Aroma Cafe on the corner of Santa Fe and Uruguay, Recoleta, Buenos Aires, Argentina--Chau. Nos vemos!

No comments:

Post a Comment